Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011

May 31

$1.25 for tea, again.  This time, I had the tea bags but was out of sugar.  My office mate has Splenda and Nutrasweet; I prefer the real thing.

$5.40 for a chicken burger lunch.  It looks disturbingly like the hamburger version.

Attempted to do a load of laundry when I got home, but the coins got stuck in the coin slot of the machine.  So now I'm waiting on the apartment manager to get the key from the owner and refund my money.  Laundry is going to have to wait until at least Thursday.  I won't count the missing laundry change in any of my totals yet.

Total spending: $6.65

May 2011 total spending: $436.65
May money wasted: $15.45


May 30

Stayed home and watched the French Open on TV.  Didn't spend anything. 

May 29 


One load of laundry: $2.75.  Cleaned the fridge; the casualties this week add up to about $8.00.  The portobello mushroom had started to sporulate; it's probably not good when your fungus starts growing fungus.  The sausage and beef loin had started to grow spoilage slime; the cherries were moldy.


Total spending: $2.75
Total wasted: $8.00

May 28

Book of snail mail postage stamps: $8.80

Tank of gas: $49.41.  I drive a Honda Element with a 14.5 gallon tank, so when I fill up it's usually about 12 gallons.

Drove out to the Ontario Mills Outlet Mall with specific goal of visiting the Converse store and replacing the pair of All Stars that I have worn the heel off of.  Originally intended to get another pair of black ones, but orange was on the clearance rack for $15 less.  $24.99

Sports apparel from the Nike store, $53.47.  I recently took up golf, and I'm terrible at it.  My tennis game isn't much better.







Cookie from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company: $2.00.  I really wanted to take a picture, but it was gooey and hot out of the oven and I couldn't really do it without making a gigantic mess.

MAC makeup from Saks Off 5th: $60.63.


Clothing from JC Penney outlet: $45.09.  The cashier thought the yellow nightgown was a swimsuit cover up.

Dinner at Chik-fil-A for $6.67. I grew up in Georgia, so I'm used to eating there.  Californians get way too excited about this place.

Groceries from Trader Joe's: $32.77.
Total for the day: $252.17
Total for the week: $293.58

May 27

Hawaiian Ono Lunch: $5.47.
Pink's Hot Dogs, $10.45.  The hot dogs are good, but not worth standing in line for 2 hours with a bunch of drunks and gawking tourists.  The line was short when I drove by, so I stopped.  And I got there just before the tour bus full of high school students, so it only took about 15 minutes.

Total spending: $15.92

No comments:

Post a Comment