Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19, 2011

July 19

The coffee mug is still sitting on my kitchen counter: $1.25
Barbecue chicken lunch: $6.59  I guess the cafeteria employee who was assigned to cut up the chicken parts today got lazy, because I got a about three quarters of a chicken instead of the expected quarter.  The server actually tried to pick it up with his tongs and gave up because it was too heavy.  Coworkers stopped to gawk at my lunch while I was eating.
Groceries from Food 4 Less: $11.91

Back to doing laundry at my apartment complex; 2 loads: $4.50

Mailed the registration renewal for my car: $116

Total spending: $140.25

July 18

Carmaggedon weekend was a non-event and so was the back to work traffic this morning.  I took my coffee mug home over the weekend, and forgot to bring it back to work with me.  Another $1.25 gone for tea.




July 17


Carmaggedon weekend was an absolute bust.  The world didn't end, and they finished the construction project on the 405 Freeway sixteen hours ahead of schedule.  But I stayed home and did nothing anyway.

July 16

Brunch at Phil's Diner, The Grove Farmer's Market: $13.25
Books from Barnes and Noble: $115.46.  These are the first non-textbooks that I have purchased this year.  I played with the Nook while I was in the store.  Give me an ink and paper book any day.
Parking at The Grove: $3.00.  Would have been $6 but I got a free hour with the Barnes and Noble purchase.

I returned the sandals that I bought from HSN last month.

Total spending: $131.71

Weekly spending: $247.78
Weekly money wasted: $4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment